On Friday, Shares of Veeva Systems Inc (NYSE: VEEV) gained 1.44% to $79.73. The stock opened its trade at $78.70 and after floating in a price range of $78.57 to $79.85; the stock grabbed the investor’s attention and traded 563.18K shares as compared to its average daily volume of 1.05M shares. The stock’s institutional ownership stands at 88.40%.
Veeva Systems Inc. (VEEV), a leading provider of industry cloud solutions for the global life sciences industry, recently declared results for its fiscal first quarter ended April 30, 2018.
Fiscal 2019 First Quarter Results:
- Revenues: Total revenues for the first quarter were $195.50M, up from $159.80M one year ago, a boost of 22% year-over-year. Subscription services revenues for the first quarter were $156.00M, up from $129.10M one year ago, a boost of 21% year-over-year.
- Operating Income and Non-GAAP Operating Income: First quarter operating income was $44.00M, contrast to $38.90M one year ago, a boost of 13% year-over-year. Non-GAAP operating income for the first quarter was $62.90M, contrast to $52.10M one year ago, a boost of 21% year-over-year.
- Net Income and Non-GAAP Net Income: First quarter net income was $44.30M, contrast to $37.00M one year ago, a boost of 20% year-over-year. Non-GAAP net income for the first quarter was $51.40M, contrast to $34.30M one year ago, a boost of 50% year-over-year. Net Income per Share and Non-GAAP Net Income per Share: For the first quarter, fully diluted net income per share was $0.29, contrast to $0.24 one year ago, while non-GAAP fully diluted net income per share was $0.33, contrast to $0.23 one year ago.
Veeva is providing guidance for its fiscal second quarter ending July 31, 2018 as follows:
- Total revenues between $203 and $204.0M.
- Non-GAAP operating income between $64 and $65.0M. Non-GAAP fully diluted net income per share between $0.33 and $0.34.
Veeva is providing guidance for its fiscal year ending January 31, 2019 as follows:
- Total revenues between $826 and $830.0M.
- Non-GAAP operating income between $261 and $265.0M. Non-GAAP fully diluted net income per share between $1.36 and $1.38.
VEEV has a market value of $11.21B while its EPS was booked as $1.04 in the last 12 months. The stock has 140.66M shares outstanding. In the profitability analysis, the company has gross profit margin of 69.20% while net profit margin was 20.80%. Beta value of the company was 1.40; beta is used to measure riskiness of the security. Analyst recommendation for this stock stands at 2.10.